Monday, July 8, 2013

Be Extraordinary

I don't know about you, but I live a fairly "normal" life.  I love my family and friends, work hard to advance at my job, and work even harder to enjoy my time off.  At times I feel convicted that I'm not truly focused on helping others the way that I believe I should, and I know that I got through the day without a thought of problems outside of my little bubble.

But there are problems.  There are much harsher realities that other people or cultures experience daily, and sometimes I hear about it but feel as though my hands are tied.  I've thought, What can I do?  How can I help?

Enter Sevenly.


People matter, states their site.  There is no greater calling than to provide, heal, rescue, and service others.


If that doesn't tug your heart and bring tears to your eyes, I don't know what will.  Nor could I state it so beautifully.

I encourage you to check out their site and read about their pledge to help others, and how you can get involved.  I just ordered shirts for my husband and me (shown below), as the gendercide issue in China is abhorrent and a point of consideration when we've discussed the possibility of future adoption.  But their previous 'issues of the week' are just as poignant, and I'd recommend you spend some time learning about the various topics and spreading the word about this amazing site.

So, amidst your ordinary day today, take a few moments to be extraordinary, and help someone else that needs it.  You won't regret it!

source
source


No comments:

Post a Comment