Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Why Blog?

About 8 months ago I decided to start a blog. 

...obviously I jumped right on that plan...

2013 is a big year for me - I've just turned 30, am working towards a career change, saving to buy a house, paying off debt... essentially taking care of the grunt work to help move life more in the direction of what I want it to look like, or maybe even need it to look like.  But, perhaps more importantly, I've truly started to realize more and more how LIFE is big.  It's important.  It's something that I would like to embrace and cherish as long as I can, and this is my attempt to record it, share it, and then someday be able to look back and enjoy it all over again.

So I named this little blog of mine Perfectly Rooted.  It took me awhile to come up with that for a few reasons: 
1. Every blog name that's somewhat clever, cute, or involves the name 'Ashley' is taken.  I guess I'm really behind on this bandwagon.
2. I thought about the nickname route, however, my main nicknames are Splash and Beefy... neither of which were to be used in the title of this blog.
3. I wanted something that could work even if the story of my blog changes.  Like, if I have a kid and just start talking about mom stuff... or if I get super famous and need to reference it for millions of people to Google.  Normal things like that.

Out of those profound parameters, I came up with Perfectly Rooted.  I don't really know what this blog of mine will look like and I'm sure it will "branch" into many topics...

See what I did there? 

...but, ultimately, I hope that my voice is a true reflection of the One that has rooted me in Truth, grown me in grace, and directs my life according to His perfect will - Jesus Christ.  I may fail terribly at DIY's, take awful pictures, or blog only sporadically, but what truly matters is that His love and mercy pours from my life into others'.   So here's hoping that's what I can accomplish... plus maybe a few successful crafts and decent shots... :)

Welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment